First of all, the default search behavior has changed (and we hope improved as well!):
- the term you enter in the search box is used now to scan the NuGet package ID and Title only
- the default search method is StartsWith (self-explanatory I hope?)
- uppercasing or lowercasing doesn't matter (we do a ToLower behind the scenes anyway)
- by default, we now only *search through the latest versions*
You'll notice there are a bit more options in the UI as well, so you can adjust the behavior to your needs.
Some of the search settings are now optional:
- search through the package Summary field
- search through the package Description field
- search through all versions of all packages
In a second phase, I hope to add some more useful functionality to this feature, such as search by Author, OSS license type, ...
Feel free to suggest the ones you feel are really missing on the MyGet workitems on Codeplex.